It is Summer days and scorching heat has already started to control our country. Though it is time to take rest inside our home but some adventurous people may want to travel even at this time of the year. And it is obvious that for summer holiday destination we mostly chose hill stations. One of the least exposed hilly areas of India is the state Arunachal Pradesh. If you are planning to visit Arunachal Pradesh this summer then here are 10 facts to know prior to traveling this place.
- During the Sino-India war in 1962, China occupied the major parts of the state including Tawang but returned back to the Mac Mahon line after the war ended in 1963
- Arunachal Pradesh was initially declared as a Union territory in 1972 on 20th January.
- It was declared as a state on 20th February 1987
- During British rule, the name of this region was North East Frontier Agency(NEFA)
- The literal meaning of the state is “Land of Dawn-Lit Mountains”
- This state is known as the paradise of the Botanists as it is the state of Orchids
- It is the most linguistically enrich state of India where there are 30 practicing languages
- It is the least densely populated state in India. Only 17 / Sq Km
- It is one of the two states of India where English is the only official language
- Tawang is the most popular tourist destination of Arunachal Pradesh.
Watch the video here:
Picture: Paramita Chowdhury